Les has run workshops on an introduction to fiction, publishing, editing, characters, writing novels, and writing screenplays, for the likes of Busybird Publishing, Writers’ Victoria, Yarra Plenty Regional Library, Words in Winter, Breaking the Code, and others.
Les’s goal is to make workshops interactive and fun, and to challenge participants with exercises that help them understand the nature of any lessons they might learn – learn not only by listening, but also by doing!
Contact Les is you’re interested in any of the workshops, or a variation of any of these workshops:
- An Introduction to Fiction: learn the basics of putting together a story, whether it’s short form or a novel.
- Publishing: Confused by the publishing landscape? Let Les show you the differences between traditional, partnership, and self-publishing.
- Editing Your Writing: after you’ve finished writing, what do you do next? How do you bring your writing to the next level? This workshop is ideal regardless of what you might be writing.
- Characters: create compelling, three-dimensional characters who are real and engage audiences.
- Novel Writing: a ten-session workshop that teaches participants the building blocks of writing a novel.
- A Basic Introduction to Screenwriting: a simple introduction that will teach you about how screenplays are constructed, and how screenwriting differs from prose.