As a screenwriter, Les Zig has had three screenplays optioned.
He’s also placed and shortlisted in various competitions.
He has a flair for dialogue and, with his work as a novelist and as a structural editor in the world of publishing, has an innate understanding of storytelling and the beats that make a story work.
He is a prolific screenwriter whose writing is beginning to gain the attention of industry professionals.
nine [Action Feature]
- quarter-finalist in the 2018 Screencraft Action & Thriller Screenplay Contest
The Shadow in the Wind [Family/Magical Realism Feature]
- semi-finalist in the 2017 Screencraft Family Friendly Script Contest (as Lazaros Zigomanis)
The Shadow in the Wind [Family/Magical Realism Novella]
- semi-finalist in the 2017 Screencraft Cinematic Short Story Contest (as Lazaros Zigomanis)
The Principle of the Thing [Action Feature]
- quarter-finalist in the 2017 Screencraft Action & Thriller Screenplay Contest
Producers [Half-hour Satire/Comedy Pilot]
- quarter-finalist in the 2018 Screencraft Pilot Launch TV Script Contest
- Semi Finalist in Showtime’s Tony Cox Episodic Screenplay (30 Min) Competition
- quarter-finalist in the 2017 Shore Scripts TV Pilot Competition
Racine [Psychothriller Feature]
- optioned by House of 4 Films, 2017
Shadows [Horror/Thriller Feature]
- semi-finalist in the 2016 Stage 32 New Blood Competition
The Harvester [Short Story]
- quarter-finalist in the 2016 Screencraft Cinematic Short Story Competition
Punishment [Sci-Fi Feature]
- Quarter-finalist in the 2016 Screencraft Sci-Fi Competition
- Shortlisted for 2013 John Hinde Science Fiction Award
Canard Lure [Psychothriller Feature]
- optioned by Studio Nuvu, 2006